KNOW PRE-CYCLE AND RECYCLE FOR YOUR HOME FURNITURE
One of the major problem of most household is their furniture or appliances. Sometimes if we want to have a new set, we would just throw the old ones. Did you know you can help our environment by just considering some items in choosing a furniture or appliance? Here are some simple approach to help you:
- First, when making a purchase, first consider if an item is recyclable. This requires you to not only have more than one passing knowledge of what can and cannot be recycled, but also a vision of how certain forms of packaging can be reused and not go to waste.
- Secondly, see if that item is made from recycled materials so as to ensure that the cyclical movement of materials through the system is maintained.
- Third, invest on high -quality, long lasting furniture items and appliances. You may pay more now, but you will be happy later since you do not have to replace items as frequently.
- Fourth, repair. Sometimes, it just take a few repairs or new upholstery to make furniture seem new again.
- Fifth, DIY (Do it Yourself), If you want to unleash your creative side, try designing your own furniture, lamps and accessories from recycled materials.
- Sixth, scavenge for shopping furniture items, light, and accessories at thrift shops, garage sales, and flea markets.